I've been a MacOS user since 2016 and today I would like to share my current MacOS setup & Tools with you.
Intellij IDEA - Actually, I was an Eclipse IDE fan, especially STS (Spring Tool Studio), but every year I was trying to switch to IDEA. This year (2020) I made it finally! I'm so happy with it, If you are a JVM-based programmer definitely you should try it! Plugins;
- Atom Material Icons
- AWS Toolkit
- Mario progress bar
VSCode - For the client application I am using vscode. (React/Angular/Vue/ReactNative) Plugins;
- Angular Language Service
- Debugger for Chrome
- Git History
- HTML Snippets
- File Icon theme
- Remote Containers
- Java Extension Pack
- Maven for Java
- React Native Tools
- ES7 React/Redux/GraphQL/React-Native snippets
XCode - If you are developing an app for the Apple family, you definitely need it.
Terminal / Shell / Console Apps
- ITerm2 iTerm2 is a replacement for Terminal and the successor to iTerm. It works on Macs with macOS 10.14 or newer. iTerm2 brings the terminal into the modern age with features you never knew you always wanted.
- Oh My Zsh Oh My Zsh is a delightful, open source, community-driven framework for managing your Zsh configuration. It comes bundled with thousands of helpful functions, helpers, plugins, themes, and a few things that make you shout..
- Termius Termius is the SSH client that works on Desktop and Mobile.
- Homebrew The Missing Package Manager for macOS (or Linux).
API Clients & Mocking
- Postman API Client with collaboration features.
- Insomnia Even simpler API client.
- Mockoon Mockoon is the easiest and quickest way to run mock API servers locally. No remote deployment, no account required, free, open source and cross-platform.
- Mongo Compass The easiest way to explore and manipulate your MongoDB data.
- DataGrip Many databases, one tool by JetBrains.
- RedisInsight The best Redis GUI
- Dbeaver Free multi-platform database tool for developers, database administrators, analysts and all people who need to work with databases.
Docker & Kubernetes
- Lens Lens is the only IDE you’ll ever need to take control of your Kubernetes clusters. It's open source and free.
- Docker Docker is a set of platform as a service products that use OS-level virtualization to deliver software in packages called containers. Containers are isolated from one another and bundle their own software, libraries and configuration files; they can communicate with each other through well-defined channels.
- Infra Instantly manage and monitor Kubernetes from your Desktop.
- Slack Slack is a new way to communicate with your team. It's faster, better organized, and more secure than email.
- Meet Real-time meetings by Google. Using your browser, share your video, desktop, and presentations with teammates and customers.
Productivity & Content
- Clipy The most flexible clipboard manager for the mac
- Notion is a workspace that adapts to your needs. It's as minimal or as powerful as you need it to be.
- Draw.io Draw.io - Diagrams.netapp.diagrams.net diagrams.net (formerly draw.io) is free online diagram software. You can use it as a flowchart maker, network diagram software, to create UML online, as an ER diagram tool, to design database schema, to build BPMN online, as a circuit diagram maker, and more. draw.io can import .vsdx, Gliffy™ and Lucidchart™ files.
- Yubikey Stop account takeovers, go passwordless and modernize your multifactor authentication. Get the world’s leading security key for superior security, user experience and return on investment.
- LuLu LuLu is a free macOS firewall.
- burpsuite Start your web security testing journey.
- Tailscale Connect all your devices using WireGuard, without the hassle. Tailscale makes it as easy as installing an app and signing in.
- Kafka Tool 2 Kafka Tool is a GUI application for managing and using Apache Kafka ® clusters.
- Camunda & Zeebe Modeler The developer-friendly desktop app for editing BPMN process diagrams and DMN Decision Tables.
- Conduktor Kafka desktop client
I know the list is a little long, but believe me, I tried to shorten it. I know this list may change in time. I promise I'll update every 3 months.
Updated : 11/02/2023 - LUC => 3